This website was created with the idea of being able to help people who want to improve their natural health & wellbeing.
There may be a zillion websites on the Internet about natural health topics, but I find that too many of them offer information without sources I feel I can trust. I don’t necessarily mean professionals and experts discussing these topics in ways that end up being complicated or long, cold and distant researches, but REAL individuals offering REAL views about their REAL experiences covering all the ins-and-outs as well as what they learn in their wellness journey.
Simply put, Oh Mighty Health is aimed at people like me who are interested in learning about natural health and wellbeing by someone who actually practise what it is written here; I spend many, many hours making my own DIY skincare, I research and seriously learn about herbal remedies, I obsess about essential oils applying the principles and techniques I learn to the best of my abilities, using them to heal and feel better as I learn.
My goal is to appeal to others like me and show them what I learn and how I apply it in my daily life so they can also benefit from it. To show others it is possible to sustain a joyous, healthy lifestyle is my aim. To be part of their journey to get well, be well and stay well is my mission.
I don’t have all the answers and it is only in the last couple of years or so that I’ve started to reap the benefits from my commitment to wellness; but the idea of sharing what I do with others who want to do the same is very appealing to me. In fact, I’m writing the blog entries I would want to read.
I want Oh Mighty Health to become a wellness database for the future so I can look back and trace the steps I took to get there as well as being able to use it for my own research. And, if it is good for me, it’ll be good for others too.
My name is Patri. I have been on a spiritual journey for a some years now and hold a deep, truthful understanding on Who We Are, our True Nature and the Essence that bring us ‘here’, to this world. This has also been a difficult journey but incredibly rewarding; much more than I would have ever expected or known. Non-duality and A Course in Miracles are the backbone of this beautiful spiritual understanding.
DISCLAIMER – I am not a licensed cosmetologist, doctors/practitioners/physician, pharmacist or a chemist. All the information contained on this website should be interpreted carefully and used at your own risk. I am not responsible for any action that has been taken based on the information on this website or for any possible consequences.
I keep adding below a list of the courses we’ve completed.
Cosmetic Product Making Course – Naturally Thinking
– Theory – E, S & P- SLS Free Shower Gel/Shampoo- Moisture Cream- Cleansing lotion- Conditioner- Exfoliating Lotion/Wash- Skin gel- Carrier oil/Essential Oil basics theory- Moisture Cream 2- Body Butter- Make Your Own Balm
There’s a blog entry on this course here.
Formulating with AHAs and BHAs – School of Natural Skincare
Formulating with AHAs and BHAs.
The Carrier Oil Course – By Susan M. Parker
We covered the following modules:
– About carrier oils, true oils, carrier oils suitability, fixed oils vs essential oils- About fatty acids, about oxygen, reading fatty acid profiles, carbon chains- Unsaponifiables (healing fraction), about refining, about the skin, oil sources- Monounsaturated oils, linoleic acid oils, LNA & GLA oils, about botanical families- About stability, balanced oils, special considerations, meadowfoam oil stability
Aromatherapy for Beginners – Neal’s Yard Remedies
Award-winning health and beauty company Neal’s Yard Remedies has become my obsession. I love their products and courses. Aromatherapy for beginners is their first online course and I’m proud to be currently studying it.
– The history of aromatherapy- An understanding of aromatherapy and essential oils- Different application methods- Safe blending- Different base/carrier oils- Introduction to 12 popular essential oils and their properties- Create therapeutic and aromatic blends- Different methods of using essential oils- How to give a lovely relaxing hand and arm massage
Introduction to Herbal Remedies – Neal’s Yard Remedies
This is a one day course exploring herbal remedies, whilst developing an understanding of their therapeutic uses.
– An introduction to the history and folklore of herbal remedies – An introduction to our most popular herbs – Plant identification – Which parts of the plant to use – How to use common herbs safely and effectively to soothe everyday ailments – How to transform herbs into useful remedies in your kitchen – Practical and hands-on teaching techniques: herbal tea tasting, making salves, and tinctures
There’s a blog entry on this course here.
The Art of Traditional Herbalism – ATENAI
We covered:- Healing as an art- ‘Hot’ and ‘cold’ plants- Different parts of healing plants- Medicinal plants and habitual ailments- Macerated oils, tinctures, microdosis- Lunar cycles- Plant identification and harvesting- Aromatic plants in the kitchen- Compatible and incompatible plants- Poultices, syrups, gargles, steams and other methods- Clay therapy and applications- Balms and salves- Mexican Temazcal- First Aid kit (check out my post on putting together your herbal first aid kit)
I wrote a post on the course here.
VortexHealing® Foundational Training
It would be a little difficult to explain this form of healing but all I can say is that it has strengthen my core and everything related to my natural health and wellbeing in general. Here’s an overview of what the training covered (taken from their website, see here):
- The energy system as a whole, or specific parts of it, can be deeply energized (or grounded, or nurtured, or transformed, etc.).
- The meridian system can be cleared and harmonized.
- ‘Karma knots’ (which are a core support for karmic & emotional issues, held in the karmic body) can be cleared.
- Deep clearings can be done through the subtle energetic bodies, chakras and physical tissues
- Both emotional and physical issues can be deeply impacted by this work.
- This healing can be done on yourself or others, in person or at a distance.
In addition, there are other transformative processes that are taught in class:
- You learn how to get information from Divine Presence.
- You learn meditations for connecting more deeply with Divine Presence and for opening the spiritual heart.
- You recreate your Grounding Cord, which grounds you to the core of the earth and strengthens you. (Everyone is born with a grounding cord, but in the West, almost everyone loses it by the time they are 4 years old.)
- You learn how to bring focus to the 3rd eye.
- You receive a lot of detailed information about our energy system and about how our issues become embedded in it.
- Your receive a very detailed map for the spiritual awakening that is generated by the Divine through the process and classes of VortexHealing.
This is so you get an idea of what was covered at the course.
European Institute of Dermo-Cosmetics
This was an intensive 3 day course in Castellón, Spain (website here). We covered a lot of ground over the weekend. I became a Technician in Natural Dermocosmetics.
– Theoretical basis behind cosmetic formulas we developed- Nature of the ingredients, texture, scent, physiochemical properties, cosmetic properties- Technique and materials for the preparation of each cosmetic- Preparation of individual cosmetic products- Quality control, texture, stability, aroma- Monitoring cosmetic effects and product stability
Herbal Academy Intensive: Emulsifiers and Preservatives in Botanical Skin Care Products
I’m already quite an efficient natural skincare formulator but I couldn’t give this course from the Herbal Academy a pass! The Emulsifiers and Preservatives in Botanical Skin Care Products intensive with expert Rachael Pontillo, M.Msc, FDN-P, CIHC, LE is designed to take our homemade creams, lotions, and other skin care products to the next level with some additional ingredients that are not commonly found in DIY herbal skin care formulas in order to create effective, shelf-stable products with a longer shelf life.
The courses have given me a powerful starting point and I just continue growing in wisdom and knowledge.
You are a Unique Expression
We are all expressions of the divine and we should treat ourselves as so. Earth, Fire, Water and Air are the elements of Nature that shape every form we perceive. Treating these forms with respect and love (including our bodies) is a MUST. We have to recognise our True Nature and honour it by only caressing it with the best available products. It is another form of self-respect.
I am not a trained as professionals so please seek medical advice. If you have health concerns consult a doctor or specialist.
About the affiliate links
I recently bumped into this About me page and loved what Evik had to say regarding the affiliate links so I wanted to add something similar to Oh Mighty Health.
I don’t make products to sell (yet) but we spend a lot of time making things, researching things, learning things, discussing things and trying things out (our things and other peoples’ things). As I publish posts I also learn about affiliate links placement and try to be as helpful as possible with the affiliate links we place. You’ll find Amazon affiliate links everywhere on the site and blog posts but they will be relevant within the content of that particular blog post.
I would love to live off this website in the future, that way I can dedicate all of my time to researching, learning and publishing. I’ll be very happy to publish many of the recipes I make as well as any tips and tricks I come up with as I go along – and anything else that’s helpful! My idea is for Oh Mighty Health to be my own very particular database so everything I research will be somewhere in here… I trust my content which means I use my own site as reference, and I expect others to to the same.