There are many essential oil brands on the market, with each one claiming to be the best.
However, when it comes to choosing an essential oil brand, there are some factors that you should consider before purchasing. These factors include: the quality of the oils, company history and their performance in customer satisfaction and return policies.
I’ve compiled a list of what I believe to be effective steps for choosing an essential-oil brand that will meet your needs. I only buy from reputable companies that practice sustainable harvesting methods and I recommend you do the same.
A Note About Price
Essential oils are expensive, so when choosing an essential oil brand, look for a company that sells high-quality oils at a fair price. Remember this: you get what you pay for, so if you plan to use your essential oils every day and over time, you will want to purchase top quality oils that have good therapeutic value.
Using Essential Oils Safely: How To Avoid Unsafe Suppliers!
1. Choose a company that produces high-quality essential oils. Obtaining high-quality oils is the key to obtaining high-quality results. Poor quality oils will not produce optimal results and can even be irritating to your skin, making you wonder if essential oils are worth the money. If a company sells poor quality oils, then other aspects of the company are likely to be of poor quality as well.
To ensure that you get good essential oil products, look for companies that maintain good crop standards and have a proven track record for providing pure and potent essential oil products.
2. Choose a company that has been in business for a while. Essential oil companies that are well-established and have been in business for some time are more likely to be reputable and provide quality products.
To ensure that you’re purchasing a high-quality essential oil product, look for a company with a good history of providing quality essential oils. To protect yourself from companies that make unverified therapeutic claims, be sure to check the credentials of the company that you choose to buy from.
3. Choose a company that has good customer service. The best way to determine this is by reading the reviews on the website. Always read the reviews below each product because they provide a lot of details regarding customer satisfaction!
4. Choose a company that has multiple payment methods available and accepts returns easily. If a company does not accept returns on their products, then your money is likely to be wasted if you were not happy with the product. Also, if a company does not have multiple payment methods available, it can make it increasingly difficult to purchase essential oils from them. For example, I have found it difficult at times to use my card because of verification problems outside my control and would have appreciated it if the company took Paypal payments.
5. Choose a company that provides detailed information about each product and has quality control testing results available for customer viewing. This will help you to make an informed decision. It is good to check their reports and evaluate the company based on their testing results. I don’t always do this because I know the companies I buy from but I would if it were a new company I was buying from.
6. Choose a company that provides detailed information about how to use the essential oils and other materials that you purchase in addition to the details about their products. Certain companies provide this type of information in the FAQ section or on their website. You can easily find this information by searching the site with keywords such as “How to use essential oils” or “How to use lavender”. Sometimes they have video sections which can be incredibly helpful. I do check this out because I want to be sure that I know how to safely use my products and maintain optimal results for my skin.
7. Choose a company that uses sustainable harvesting methods, as this will ensure that the plants are not exploited and over-harvested, which can cause them to be endangered or even extinct in the wild. I can’t stress enough how important it is for sustainable methods to be used to harvest plants because it preserves the plants and keeps them from being sold to companies that don’t care about their harvesting practices and will produce poor quality products. Plants do suffer. Over-harvesting is bad for the environment and unsustainable harvesting practices are poor for plants.
8. Choose a company that offers free shipping and excellent discounts for bulk orders if you would like to purchase their essential oils in larger quantities. Many essential oil companies offer free shipping and discounts for bulk orders. I like this because it can save me money on shipping and also because if I buy larger quantities, it lasts longer and can be a better value.
9. Choose a company that offers free essential-oil catalogs or free samples of their products to help you decide what you would like to buy next time. This might not be possible at all times but I find it helpful because it ensures that I will be able to buy products from them again in the future, which is a good thing.
10. Choose a company that provides educational information about the therapeutic benefits of essential oils and the certification(s) that they have received if they are certified by an established organization. This helps to ensure quality control and standards of excellence in order to produce high-quality oils at a fair price.
Find below 7 extra tips on how to know if an essential oil company is reputable:
- You can choose which brand to buy based on price
- You can also choose which brand to buy based on the ingredients
- You may want to choose a brand that is readily available or delivers speedily
- You want to choose a brand that is 100% safe to use
- You most definitely want to choose a brand that is made from natural ingredients
- You may want to choose a brand that is made in the USA
- You want to choose a brand that is made with organic ingredients
What do you think? Are these tips helpful? Did I miss any important points? Do you have any other suggestions to add on how to verify an essential oil company is reputable?
Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.